Higher Risk Travel Petition Application Steps
For any university-sponsored international travel happening overseas, the following process takes place:
- Traveler submits their travel request in Concur
- Following supervisory and financial approvals, the Director of Global Safety and Security will inform the traveler if their destination is considered higher risk
- Informed travelers submit an online travel petition, to be reviewed by the International Travel Review Committee (ITRC)
- ITRC will forward the petition on to the Chancellor’s Office with a “recommended” or “not recommended” classification
- Chancellor approves or denies the petition, and cleared travel will receive final approval through Concur
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln takes the health and safety of our campus community very seriously. As the United States and global health officials continue to address the spread of novel coronavirus and COVID-19 infection, health and emergency preparedness officials at UNL are monitoring the situation in collaboration with our university and governmental partners. Official updates regarding UNL’s response can be found on the University's official response website.