Transfer Tests


Admissions Exams

Colleges which require ACT or SAT scores for incoming freshmen students:
Engineering, Architecture and the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts

Freshmen must submit an ACT or SAT score in order to be admitted into a major in one of these colleges. If an ACT or SAT score is not submitted, you will be admitted into General Studies and must meet performance requirements to be admitted into your preferred major.

English Proficiency Testing

You are responsible for contacting your IELTS testing center or TOEFL to submit an official English proficiency score. Scores should come directly from the testing agency to UNL.

If you have not yet taken an English proficiency exam please contact one of the following testing agencies:

TOEFL Contact Information:

The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is administered by the Educational Testing Services (ETS). Use our school code (6877) to send your test score to the University. Visit the TOEFL site.

IELTS Contact Information:

Visit the IELTS site.

EPE Contact Information:

Visit the UNL IEP site.

College Specific Language Proficiency Requirements:

Find information on UNL's college specific English proficiency requirements.